Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP, JOHN?

SCHOOLBOY Doctor Who star John Bell yesterday revealed that he plans to return to the show one day - as the Doctor.
In Saturday's episode, watched by 7.7million viewers, the nine-year-old starred as Creet, an orphan caught up in the Doctor's battle to save the human race in the far future.
He said: "I've already been recognised and asked for my autograph.
"Now I know I really want to be an actor and my dream is to play the Doctor."
To celebrate his starring role, John's parents Iain and Susan threw a party at the family home in Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire, on Saturday - and the guests dressed as characters from the series.
Iain, 34, said: "I was Captain Jack and John was the empty child from the first series.
"His grandparents were a pig slave and scarecrow and Susan was a cat nun."
Iain admitted he'd been worried how John would measure up against stars such as fellow Scot David Tennant, from Paisley.
He said: "I was a bit concerned - but John was fantastic."

No comments: