Monday, April 16, 2007

Tennant tips Wee Jimmy as Dr Who

DR WHO David Tennant has revealed he wants the next Time Lord to be... Wee Jimmy Krankie.
The Scots star joked that Jimmy, played by Jeanette Tough, would be the perfect 11th doctor.
David, 35, even wants Jimmy to play the part in his school uniform, with his dad - Jeanette's husband Ian - taking over new sidekick Freema Agyeman's role.
He said: "When I die, I want to die valiantly. My successor's going to be Wee Jimmy Krankie - in the traditional outfit. That's how he's chosen to play it and I think that's going to work.
"And Ian Krankie will take over from Freema, still playing Martha Jones. That's the interesting thing that's going to happen - they will fall into a regenerative 'thing'.
"It's good. You just get a wee glimpse of it at the end of episode 13."
Last night Jeanette, 59, insisted she would be a fandabi-Daleks new doctor.
She said: "I've never turned down a challenge and wouldn't turn down that role if the producers were really serious.
"There's no reason why a Time Lord can't be a wee schoolboy. But I've never much cared for the Daleks.
"Ian and I would be quite a team against the most evil aliens in the universe."
The Krankies met David, who has been plagued by rumours he's about to quit the BBC drama, when they filmed the Comic Relief video for The Proclaimers hit I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles).

No comments: