Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Barrowman: 'Young relatives know I'm gay'

John Barrowman has revealed that his youngest relatives have always known he was gay.The Torchwood star, who lives with civil partner Scott Gill, insisted that he has made no secret of his sexuality around his siblings' children.He is quoted by Bent as saying: "My nieces and nephews have known I was gay since they were born. It's always been Uncle John and Uncle Scott and that's the way it should be."He added that he will continue to speak out about his sexuality, saying: "People joke, 'Oh John, get off your soap box', but it is a soapbox and it's something that matters to me. "It's normal, we have partners, we have sex, and we do the same, well, sort of things that men and women do. I mean, I put a willy in my mouth like a straight man's wife puts it in hers, you know what I mean?" The actor recently revealed that he came out to his parents at the age of 21 after a serious AIDS scare.

No comments: