Monday, July 20, 2009

Matt Smith starts filming 'Doctor Who'





Filming on the new series of Doctor Who with Matt Smith has got underway in Cardiff.

The fifth series sees the newly-regenerated Doctor meet a new companion, Amy Pond, played by Scottish actress Karen Gillan.

"I feel very privileged and proud to be part of this iconic show," said Smith. "The scripts are brilliant and working alongside Karen, Steven and the rest of the crew is an inspiration because their work ethic and passion for the show is so admirable. I’m excited about the future and all the brilliant adventures I get to go on as the Doctor."

New showrunner Steven Moffat said: "And here it is, the big moment - the new Doctor, and his new best friend. And here's me, with the job I wanted since I was seven. 40 years to here! If I could go back in time and tell that little boy that one day all this would happen, he'd scream, call for his Mum and I'd be talking to you now from a prison cell in 1969. So probably best not then.

"Matt and Karen are going to be incredible, and Doctor Who is going to come alive on Saturday nights in a whole new way - and best of all, somewhere out there, a seven-year-old is going to see them, fall in love, and start making a forty year plan..."

Smith takes over from David Tennant in the iconic role at the end of three specials, the last of which airs early in 2010.

Filming on the 13-episode fifth series runs until March 2010 for broadcast next Spring.

source

No comments: