Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Barrowman praises 'cheerful' Tennant

John Barrowman has revealed that he prefers working with current Doctor David Tennant to his predecessor Christopher Eccleston.The actor, who plays Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and sister show Torchwood, said the Time Lord's latest incarnation was a more cheerful presence during filming.He said: "I found the set to be a lighter one with David than it had been with Christopher in the lead role. I think David is a happier person, whereas I found Chris to be a bit angry."However, he admitted that it had not all been plain sailing with Tennant because he struggled to avoid picking up his co-star's Scottish lilt.Barrowman, who was born in Glasgow, said: "When David Tennant and I began filming together in early spring 2007, the hardest part for me was to resist speaking to him in a Scottish accent."

No comments: