Thursday, January 22, 2009

Freema Agyeman praises Matt Smith

Freema Agyeman has spoken of her delight at Matt Smith being chosen as the new Doctor Who. Skip related content
The 29-year-old actress, who starred as Martha Jones in the long-running series, said she was delighted Matt will replace David Tennant as the Doctor.

She said: "I think Matt looks absolutely fantastic, he really does. He seems to have all the right things that are needed. He has the gravitas and the weight to represent someone who is 900 plus years old but also he's got those quirks about him that would lend itself to the flight of fancy that the Doctor has. And he just looks fantastic, the hair everything! I'm really excited!"

Freema, who is now starring in Law and Order UK, also said she "thanked my lucky stars" for her part in Doctor Who.

She said: "I had an absolutely amazing time on the show. I truly, truly enjoyed myself.

"It's so nice to get a long-running job in this career but if you can get up in the morning and look forward to getting to work it's an absolute bonus and I completely had that throughout all of my time there."

Matt Smith, 26, will take over the role of Doctor Who when the current timelord, David Tennant, leaves the show in 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i asuume this is an official site of some sort since these are all PR hypes, in which case fair enough.

but it does make me laugh - the people being dragged in to hype Smith who they have NEVER WORKED WITH! LOL!

Ok, well, i will admit to being desperate for chuckles after the apalling casting of the Muppet Baby as the next Doctor.

Badwolf1 said...

mmm no i have no affiliation with the bbc at all i am in the usa