Thursday, January 22, 2009

Michelle Ryan might be Doctor Who's next companion

I wasn't a big fan of NBC's Bionic Woman remake. The best thing about it – besides Katee Sackhoff's guest turn – was star Michelle Ryan. The English actress not only looked the part, but her performance sometimes managed to make the show feel richer and more complex than it actually was. So I was happy to hear that she might play the new Doctor's companion on Doctor Who."Michelle's been in secret talks with BBC bosses," a source told the UK's Sunday Mirror. "They are likely to announce her as Doctor Who's new assistant very soon. She is perfect for the role. She is good looking and the right age to star alongside Matt (Smith). Everyone agrees they look great together and reckon fans will think they're the perfect team, too."I'm sure Ryan will get the part. She auditioned for the assistant role after Billie Piper left in 2005. She lost out to Freema Agyeman, but her profile has only gone up since then. I'm excited about the possible Ryan/Matt Smith combo. I might be in the minority here, but I hope Doctor Who will look and feel very different once Smith takes over the role. I'll really miss David Tennant and everything and everyone about the current incarnation of Doctor Who, but I think it's time to regenerate. What do you think about the possibility of Ryan time traveling with the new Doctor? Are you still holding out hope for Lily Allen?

No comments: