Saturday, August 11, 2007

Keep Kylie!

Several gossip magazines have reported that Kylie Minogue wants to return to Doctor Who following completion of filming in Wales for the Christmas episode Voyage of the Damned.
Now magazine's website has quoted another source, but I thought I would leave the pun in at the end, as I couldn't come up with a better one myself:
If they want me back I will be there like a shot,' she tells the Daily Telegraph.
And producers of the BBC show are just as keen for Kylie to join the cast full time.
'Kylie just sizzles in her scenes,' a source says. 'It's going to be one of the best episodes ever.'
She must love Spinning Around in the Tardis.
Wouldn't that be great? Many of you might want to reserve judgement, but for me she can join the TARDIS anytime.
On the same subject, Sixth Doctor Colin Baker, writing in the Bucks Free Press, told how he encountered Doctor Who filming in Cardiff recently, and met Kylie! He also wrote:
What was reassuring for this old Tardis keyholder was that although the programme has moved into the 21st century and manages that impossible task of appealing to a completely new audience without losing the beating heart of the programme, the process and the atmosphere on set remained as special as I remembered it.
I can think of no other job I have done which would see me at 3.50 in the morning still enjoying the work in the company of others similarly motivated.
Colin's predecessor Peter Davison meanwhile has features in OfficialLondonTheatre.co.uk's "Big Interview". In it, Peter is quizzed on Doctor Who, Button Moon and his current role in Spamalot! A singing Doctor? Well dont forget, he wrote and sang the theme tune to Button Moon...
"My main song is very funny, not from me actually, I’m doing it fairly straight," he agrees, "but what’s happening elsewhere on stage makes it funny." His self-deprecating humour comes forth when he talks about his musical theatre talents. "The focus fortunately is not entirely on my singing," he laughs. "I sing a song and a half, I do a bit of a dance routine, and that’s about the top end of my ability, I think."
If anyone has any spare tickets for Spamalot!, I'm vey receptive to freebies...
Finally, there are a new trio of Doctor Who books featuring the Tenth Doctor and Martha, with synopses and covers on the BBC's Official Doctor Who site. The Pirate Loop is by Simon Guerrier, and features "badger-faced pirates" and the "Starship Brilliant; Wishing Well is by Trevor Baxendale and concerns a village well that in't what it seems; Peacemaker is penned by James Swallow and set in the American West of 1880

No comments: