Saturday, August 04, 2007

Tennant Says Thank You

David Tennant has expressed his well wishes toward the users of the Outpost Gallifrey Forum and users of the fan site David-Tennant.com for their donations in memory of his mother Helen McDonald, who died recently.So far over 8,000 pounds has been donated to the two collections, both in aid of the ACCORD Hospice where Mrs McDonald was a volunteer worker and where she spent her final days.Donations can still be made at justgiving.com. People who donate are asked not to mention David Tennant in the comments section, in order to protect his privacy.Mr Tennant asked Outpost Gallifrey to share the following message to our readers today in thanks for their support.

I've just heard that users of Outpost Gallifrey have so far raised over £2000 for the ACCORD hospice in Paisley on behalf of my mum. I can't tell you how pleased and proud that would have made her, and how much that means to my family and I at this difficult time.The work ACCORD do is of the highest standard: caring, sensitive and effective and I can't commend them highly enough.Thank you all for your generosity and kindness. I assure you, your money will be well spent.David Tennant

No comments: