Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Kylie 'petrified' at 'Doctor Who' read-through

Kylie Minogue has admitted that she was initially full of fear when she started work on the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

Speaking to the Radio Times, the diminutive diva revealed: "At the read-through I tried to look cool, but was petrified."

However Minogue, who plays Titanic waitress Astrid in 'Voyage of the Damned', soon warmed to her role. "Doctor Who goes back to my roots as an actress... on my first day of filming I realised I was in my spiritual home."

The Australian singer also discovered a connection with her character: "I've a lot of affection for Astrid - she's a dreamer, alone, and wants to travel. Perhaps that's like me when I was younger, but I had opportunities."

'Voyage of the Damned' will be screened on BBC One on Christmas Day at 6.50pm

No comments: