Sunday, July 06, 2008

Davies watched 'Who' finale 15 times

Russell T. Davies watched the Doctor Who finale 15 times before it aired, he has revealed."There are probably about ten of us who have watched it - including David (Tennant), who was cast as the tenth Doctor in 2005, and Catherine Tate, and that's about it," the writer and producer said in an interview before the show went out. "The controller of BBC One has not even seen it, or the head of drama, because it's been locked away. But I have seen it about 15 times. "I'm busy at the moment, but I had an hour off yesterday at 3pm and I watched it again because it is such an exciting episode. And I will be watching it on Saturday night at home in Manchester with my boyfriend."Davies also spoke about his plans now that he has quit as executive producer of the series. "I have got about 27 ideas boiling in my head and that is the main reason why I've left," he told the Daily Mirror. "I get a lot of people who want me to come and make a family drama for them. But having done Doctor Who, I have done the best - anything else would pale in comparison. "I have almost got to go and do adult stuff, something a bit cheeky or sexy. I will just see which thing comes to the front of my mind first and start with that."

No comments: