Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tom Baker hails "blind love" of 'Who' fans

Tom Baker has hailed the taste of Doctor Who fans and praised the formula of the show for its ongoing success.
The actor made the comments to the BBC in an interview celebrating his return to the series in five-part audio adventure Doctor Who: Hornets' Nest.
When asked what makes fans of the programme different, he replied: "Their unswerving loyalty. Their good taste. Their BLIND LOVE.
"The formula is so good. Benevolent alien, a being with secrets. A sonic screwdriver, but I'm sworn to secrecy by the BBC. They pay me 30 pieces of silver every month to be discreet."
Regarding his return to the show, he added: "The scripts arrived at a good moment. I'm a bit capricious about what I accept.
"I asked some hard questions and made some impossible demands. The BBC agreed to everything I asked on condition the details would be locked in a strongbox in the Bank of England.
"They will be revealed on the BBC website on January 20, 2034 at 6.12am - the 100th anniversary of my birth."
Baker's 'Do I Have The Right?' scene from series 12's 'Genesis Of The Daleks' was recently named the best Fourth Doctor TV scene, winning the poll with 32% of votes cast.

No comments: