Sunday, April 19, 2009

Matt Smith 'eager' to work with Barrowman

Matt Smith has revealed that he is keen to appear alongside John Barrowman on the next series of Doctor Who.

The show's new lead actor recently told Barrowman that he is a huge fan of his alter-ego Captain Jack, who has already teamed up with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant's Doctors.

In an interview with Radio 2's Steve Wright In The Afternoon, Barrowman confirmed: "I like him. I was doing publicity at the BBC and he was also coming in to do stuff himself.

"We sat down and had a conversation, he seems like a really nice guy and he's really up for it. I think he'll do really, really well.

"He said: 'One thing John, I'd really love it if Captain Jack and my Doctor cross paths'. I said: 'Well, we have to leave that up to the writers'. Who knows?"

Smith will take over from Tennant in the fifth series of the BBC One sci-fi show, which airs in 2010.

No comments: