Monday, May 07, 2007

Mystery lover of Dr Who girl

DOCTOR Who beauty Freema Agyeman has found love... with a hunky estate agent.
The 27-year-old actress, who plays the Doctor's assistant Martha Jones in the BBC show, has kept the identity of her mystery boyfriend under wraps for the past 18 months.
But now we can say who "Mr Who?" is. Sharpsuited Jamie Wild, 28, works for an East London estate agent. And the handsome six-footer, who has a diamond earring, lives in a swanky warehouse apartment around the corner from his office. He spends much of his time with Freema and regularly visited her in Wales when she was filming Doctor Who with co-star David Tennant.
In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mirror, she has spoken of her love for the man she only refers to as "Mr Freema" for the first time. "We have been together a year or so now," she said. "He is very proud of what I have achieved and is chuffed to bits for me. He knows it is what I have always wanted.
"He is in property, so not in the acting business, but is still so supportive. He is so understanding. I am so lucky and so happy."
The actress told the Sunday Mirror how when she won the dream role to replace Billie Piper, who played Rose, she and Jamie found ways to beat her gruelling schedule.
"It was hard in the beginning, but he came down to Cardiff when filming was too hectic," she said. "He enjoyed it and didn't mind because he knew how much playing Martha meant to me."
Freema admitted that she'd love to get married and have children one day, but added: "Not just yet. I really want acting to remain in my life but I want family and kids to feature in my life too."

Until recently Freema was a little-known actress who worked in a video shop to make ends meet. Apart from walk-on parts in The Bill, Silent Witness and Casualty, her biggest role was playing Lola Wise in Crossroads in 2001.
She said: "For years I've been a jobbing actress and it's been incredibly tough. I kept asking myself how long I could go on for and there were times when I considered giving it up. But my family kept telling me to carry on. If I couldn't pay the bills, they supported me and kept telling me to follow my dream. Now I've got what I've always wanted and I keep saying, 'Thank you, thank you'."
Freema told how she "literally screamed down the phone" when she heard she'd won the part of Martha.
"I was in the car with my brother and sister and they started screaming too. We immediately bought champagne to celebrate. My family have been so supportive and I feel this vindicates them.
"You couldn't wish for a better job, and I have been having a ball. I decided early on not to get overwhelmed by it all. It's a huge honour to play the Doctor's first black assistant and I am incredibly proud."
She praised co-star David and said: "He is so lovely and brilliant as the Doctor. It's hard filling Billie's shoes, but I just hope people have appreciated the change."
'I'm so lucky and happy.. he's proud of me and so supportive'

No comments: