Monday, May 07, 2007

Time Lord Tennant promises to perform Proclaimers hit at actress pal's reception

DOCTOR Who star David Tennant is to perform at his best friend's wedding - singing The Proclaimers' hit I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles).
The Scot has been asked to belt out the tune at the nuptials of No Angels star Louise Delamere this week.
The pair shared a flat when they studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow.
Louise, who is marrying Green Wing's Stephen Mangan in London, asked David to perform the song for old times' sake - after seeing him in the video for the Comic Relief version by comics Peter Kay and Matt Lucas.
She said: "David is my oldest mate from drama school and one of my favourite things when we were there was him singing The Proclaimers' 500 Miles.
"I was reminiscing with him the other day and I've asked him to give us a rendition at the wedding.
"When we had singing lessons at college, he used to belt that out and it made me laugh so much - I just loved it.
"I don't know if he will do it or not - it will depend on how drunk everyone gets."
Louise, 33, will be back on our screens next week in The Good Samaritan.
She plays Shane Richie's unhappy wife and when she asks for a divorce it sparks a chain of events which makes him think he is responsible for a stranger's suicide.
Playing a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown has been good preparation for her own big day.
She said: "Yes, I can bring a lot to the role! It's a bit nerve-wracking because nothing is in place. Stephen has been in LA so I haven't seen him for two months. It will be like an arranged marriage when I see him.
"It's turning out to be a big do. We thought half of our actor mates wouldn't be able to come because of work but everyone worked it into their schedule.
"David will definitely be there but he'd better keep his sonic screwdriver at home!"
Other famous guests will include stars from EastEnders, The Bill, Green Wing and No Angels. But the couple did not even consider selling the bash to a celebrity magazine.
Louise said: "We could have gone down that road but we wanted family and friends and no hassle.
"And I don't know if it's a star-studded affair or not because they are just our mates. It's quite strange to think of your friends in that way."
There will be no honeymoon for the Liverpool-born actress as she and her husband-to-be are filming.
He's doing a new series with the BBC while she's filming the latest series of Doc Martin with Martin Clunes.
And, sadly, there is no chance of David helping her win a role in Doctor Who. She played posh pilot Diane Holmes in two episodes of spin-off show Torchwood - starring Scots actor John Barrowman - but no crossover is allowed.
She said: "The only character who can appear in both is John's Captain Jack, so my only hope is I get a spin-off show of my own. I can't see it, unless there is blackmail material from the wedding."
The Good Samaritan is on ITV on Wednesday, May, 16 at 9pm.

No comments: